photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Photo of the Day 03.28.12

Today, I am completely obsessed with this lush space. I love the combination of the simple, Swedish-style furniture paired with a bold leopard pillow, zebra rug, and beautiful orchid. The Fiddleleaf Fig adds texture and color to the space. I would love to see more of this place! I would probably use a few different accessories on the little table, but overall, this is a pretty stunning vignette. Would you ever dare to use two animal prints in one room? Conceptually, two animal prints could easily venture into Snooki territory, but they really make it work with the use of a neutral palette and clean, classic shapes here. What are your thoughts? Do you like this space?

 

{Image via Pinterest}

8 comments:

Tiffany Leigh {thedesignerlifestyle} said...

I think the key to the animal prints working in this space is balance, the large scale zebra rug with a small leopard print on a smallish throw pillow. I think I would dare! Pretty space.
Tiffany
thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.ca

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

AHH - great minds! THis is one of my favorite stores anywhere on the planet, and I just posted about it today on my blog -- I see it's been spreading like wildfire around Pinterest and wanted to give the owner's their dues :)

Don't you love the subtlties?

Bethany
www.PowellBrowerHome.com

http://www.powellbrower.com/2012/03/ive-got-store-crush-and-george.html

Anonymous said...

And George is one of my favorites too! I've never been to their store in person but I sure enjoy virtual shopping through Taigan.

kristin said...

I love it! I especially love the the large plant in the back and that gorgeous orchid. Its amazing what plant life can do to a space!

Wendy Correen Smith said...

Great space...and I definitely agree they did a nice job combining two animal prints in this space.

Wen Guehne with www.guehnemade.com

Emily said...

Oh, that zebra rug is perfection in that space. Love it!

Joie de Viv said...

I've pinned this exact picture because it's so vibrant, yet calm and natural at the same time! I am so jealous of that lush huge fiddle-leaf fig! I can't wait for mine to get that big (but judging by mine's growth - it'll take a few more years). I'd love to try some animal prints out in the house, but I haven't found anything as amazing as that zebra rug yet.

xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

Tanisha E said...

I am such a animal print fiend. love this space too..

http://www.lattesandlipstick.com