photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, April 2, 2010

Indie Film-Making: CA$H

ASP_0116z[1]

I am beyond thrilled for my friend Azeeza and her sister, Zeenat for their incredible work on a new film called CA$H. The premise of the movie is centered around a struggling young couple who has been greatly affected in this economy. The husband finds a suitcase filled with cash and the thriller begins to unfold. What will they do with the money? Who does it belong to? Will the person it belongs to come looking for it?

The gorgeous Azeeza worked as Director of Marketing for the film and her equally beautiful sister, Zeenat served as Director of Media. Through their hard work and persistence, they packaged this independent film for Cannes and the American Film Market, eventually gaining Roadside Attractions (they released The September Issue) as their distributor. Film-making is a difficult, extremely competitive industry and it makes me so proud to see what these two talented young women have achieved, all while looking super glamorous, I might add.

pic2[1]

{At the World Premiere of CA$H, Azeeza (left) wore a Tibi dress, Nude Patent Very Privé Louboutin heels, and a Meera Mahadevia Clutch. Zeenat (right)wore a Tarun Tahiliani dress, black patent Louboutin Noeudette sandals, and a Meera Mahadevia Clutch.}

ASP_0022[1]

{The Girls with Producer, Naveen Chathappuram at the World Premiere of CA$H}

HHC2[1]

{Looking fabulous yet again at the screening of the film: Azeeza has on   high waisted skirt from TopShop paired with a Zara boyfriend blazer, Christian Louboutin “Cool Moto” ankle booties, a  Jimmy Choo necklace and Black Chanel Medium Flap in Caviar.Zeenat is wearing Stuart Weitzman over-the-knee flat boots with a black Phillip Lim dress under a Rachel Roy power-shoulder blazer along with a Red Chanel Messenger Purse in Suede.}

 

To learn more about the film, visit the official website for movie trailers, plot summaries, and information on where it is playing.

 

Image Credit:Amna Siddiqui photography

9 comments:

Emily said...

Not only are they are beautiful, they are smart too. I heart to hear about young women doing great things. Love their style too, simple but still makes a statement. Thanks for sharing!

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I absolutely love the Desai sisters. The are definitely movers & shakers in Chicago, L.A and NY.Not only are they phenomenal at what they do, but they are die-hard fashionistas too! Above all, they're the sweetest girls! I heart them.

VespaLady said...

I love to read about young women who are motivated, especially when I'm briefly acquainted with them :) Chicago lacks in the film scene. I'm very proud of these Chicago girls who marketed this movie, took it to Cannes Film Festival, AFM and finally to a Hollywood studio like Roadside Attractions & Lionsgate! What a great start-- things will only get bigger & brighter from this point on! The cherry on top: beauty is NOT skin deep for these two smarties! Last but not least, I'm glad I clicked on this link because I LOVE this entire BLOG & plan to frequent it!

Karena said...

Very exciting! I can't wait to see CASH!

Karena
Art by Karena

It's not to late for your friends to join my art giveaway!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

beautiful and smart women!
happy Easter Paloma

Lauren said...

Could they be any more GORGEOUS?!!! What an awesome experience!! congrats!!
xoxo,
lauren

kaylat said...

these faces are too pretty to be behind-the-scenes! i'm excited to see sean bean and chris hemsworth together on one screen too. thanx for bringing to my attention. will be watching cash.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an accomplishment for these talented girls. They are absolutely gorgeous! OMG!

I am definitely looking forward to seeing the movie.

Stacy said...

I love Azeeza's dress, and while I've never heard of them before I'm now looking forward to the movie!